The Bay Hotel is situated in The Dock, Robin Hood´s Bay, which marks the end of Alfred Wainwright´s 192 mile
Coast-to-Coast Walk from St. Bees in Cumbria.
The bottom bar of the Bay Hotel, which was originally The Stables, has been renamed Wainwright´s Bar in his memory.
The landlady of the Bay is Linda Winspear and she and her staff offer a warm and friendly welcome to regulars and visitors alike. The pub
is both dog-friendly and child-friendly, offering a family room where hearty home-cooked meals may be eaten, as well as in the main bar where
a full range of drinks are served, including a range of cask ales. As well as serving daily meals the Bay also has 3 letting rooms.
The Bay Hotel can trace its history back to 1828 when it started out as the New Inn, then it became The Robin Hood´s Bay Hotel and subsequently,
The Bay Hotel as it now remains.